I know I have been a very poor poster since my return, mostly because it has seemed to be one late night after another the past couple of weeks. By the time I've reached the end of each day, I just haven't had the energy.
I also owe a very belated, but very heartfelt thank you to Linda, for the two awards she presented me while I was being flakey! These are my very first awards, and I am touched that she thought of me. I love to read her blog - I always have admired her strength in dealing with some pretty tough situations that would have broken lesser women. Plus, I have been blessed to meet her in person, and found someone I really enjoyed getting to know.
So here are the awards I received from her:
The Premio Dardos Award:

The Dardos Award is given in "recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.The rules:
1) Accept the award by posting it on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and a link to his/her blog.
2) Pass the award to another five blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment, remembering to contact each of them to let them know they have been selected for this award.
The Lemonade Award:
Here are the rules...1. Copy the above logo and put it on your blog or post.2. Nominate at least 10 blogs that show attitude and/or gratitude (Those who add sweetness to life and/or inspire you by making lemonade.)3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.4. Let them know they have received this award by commenting on a post.5. Nominate your favorites and link to this blog.
I'm rather new at this, and Linda nominated a lot of the folks whom I would have nominated, too, so I am just going to give some links to my favorite blogs (in addition to Linda's):
Kari's Thought's Preserved - My first intro to the blog world, and an inspiring friend
Bart's A Whole New World - I love his quiet, thoughful entries. He doesn't post often, but what he posts is beautiful.
Mom in MN's My thoughts... like 'em or not - I ike 'em, especially the one about the shoe tradition.
Torina's Busy Intersection - She has some challenging kiddos, and full plate with work and school, and she still finds time to make beautiful embroidery and quilts (while it took me 3 years to crochet one blanket). She rocks!
These are for those who like their lemonade a little on the tart side:
Foster Mama's Postcards from Insanity - She always makes me laugh with her
Reas Kroicowl's Trench Warfare - This pseudonym'd social worker gives me a glimpse and a giggle about life on the other side of our stories. I know that some of the things she deals with each day must be draining and emotional, yet she can still see the humor in it all.
This is by no means all of them, but I am brain blocked, and it's getting late. I'll add more if/when I think of whom I've forgotten.


2 comments:
Thank you for mentioning my blog! I'm glad you had a fun time on your cruise!
You are too kind! My goodness, I love reading your writing. You have a talent that needs to be shared.
Post a Comment